Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Our wedding day! Hooray!

We finally received our wedding photos in the mail, and I couldn't wait to share them with you! For those of you who don't know -- or need a refresher! -- Mr. CP and I got married in beautiful Maui, Hawaii on February 6th. It was a wonderfully special day full of laughter, conch shells, and beachy goodness.

The day didn't go exactly as planned. We woke up to rain, wind, and surprisingly chilly weather. However, having lived in Seattle for years, Mr. CP and I weren't about to let a little rain stop us from getting married on the beach. So what if my hair got wet? I'd be a frizzy bride! So what if it was shockingly cold? I'd be my something blue! Come hell or high water, we were getting married on that beach at sunset.

I hadn't planned on wearing a cardigan for the ceremony. Thankfully, I had packed this teal beauty just in case the evenings got chilly. So, I threw it on over my dress, buttoned on the bug brooches that Mr. CP got me for Christmas, and off I went to get married! To be honest, I'm thankful for the twist of fate that forced me to don one of my trademark cardigans for our wedding. I felt like me in a way I don't think I would have had I just worn a plain old strapless dress.

A few details about what I wore:

Dress: Justin Alexander 8645 in Coffee (there's a funny story about how I found this dress. I'll share soon!)
Cardigan: J. Crew
Brooches: Anthropologie and vintage
Bouquet: Morgann Hill Designs via Etsy
Head piece: Mignonne Handmade via Etsy
Necklace and earrings: DIY


OnceUponaTime


Picture1


Picture2


Picture3


Picture4


NRlaurel002011-R1-057-27


NRlaurel000211-R5-E101


NRlaurel000211-R2-E039


Picture8


NRlaurel000211-R2-E058


NRlaurel000211-R2-E061


Picture7


Photo9


NRlaurel000211-R1-E015


Picture9


FinalPhoto

















No comments:

Post a Comment