Wednesday, June 13, 2012

maurices Dress Review!


Dress: c/o maurices* (here)

When the kind folks over at maurices offered to send me an item to review, my mind immediately jumped to dresses. I mean, come on, it's me, right? Dresses and I are like PB&J, Sonny and Cher, Caesar and Brutus (pre-horrible, backstabbing betrayal). 

When I saw this dress on the maurices website, I swooned. I looooove lace anything, after all. I figured from the photograph on maurices' site that I would love it, but I didn't realize just how beautiful this dress would be. The photos don't do it justice. Fully lined, and made with a beautiful leaf-patterned lace, it's enough to make me feel ever so slightly like a modern day princess. I typically feel like I'm just sort of galumphing around, but this dress accomplished something unexpected. It made me feel like I was gracefully floating around. So what if I tripped over absolutely nothing on the sidewalk? I was wearing this dress, which made my stumble look swan-like and graceful! So what if I tried to drink out of a straw, and missed my mouth? I did it with poise and sophistication! That's the power of a great dress, folks. And this, this is a great dress.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with maurices, allow me to introduce you. Based in Minnesota, maurices caters to the "savvy fashion conscious customer with a twenty-something attitude." My favorite thing about maurices: they have both a straight-sized and a plus sized line. Their clothes range from a size 0 to a size 26, with their plus size line in particular ranging from a size 0 (which, for reference's sake, is what I ordered) to a size 4. 

My experience with maurices was absolutely wonderful. The dress is sturdy and well-made, and everyone I corresponded with was friendly and helpful. I was a bit concerned that the dress may not arrive before moving day, but it shipped really quickly. Now, of course, I've been trolling their site looking for other, equally adorable items. These beauties from maurices' plus size line have been added to my already lengthy wish list:







*maurices was kind enough to send me this item free of charge. This in no way affected my opinion of the item or the company. I'm an opinionated beast of a woman, so you can be sure that if I hadn't liked the item and/or company I would have said so. For serious.



No comments:

Post a Comment