Friday, June 15, 2012

Kate Spade on the Cheap!

I have a love/hate relationship with Kate Spade. I love the unexpected mash up of colors, patterns, and classic silhouettes. I hate the price tag, and the fact that never, at any point in my life, will I be able to squeeze into any of her items. Searching the internet, I was absolutely astonished by the fact that no one had bothered to put together Kate Spade inspired looks a) for cheaper and b) for us curvier gals. Enter: ME!!!! (Just imagine that I'm making that face that Elle Woods makes when she finds out she got the internship at Harvard in Legally Blonde).

Anyway, I found several Kate Spade looks that I absolutely love. Despite the fact that the movers are coming in exactly, ahem, three days, and there's still a substantial amount of packing left to do (i.e. the office, and all the cupboards in the kitchen), I've decided that a better use of my time is putting together outfits based on a few of the cutest Kate Spade looks I found. Behold, look #1!!!!!

Inspiration

 


Curvy, Cheaper Alternative

1. Dorothy Perkins, Ivory Velour Spot Dress: $59 (here)
2. Payless Shoes, Chelsea Flat in Cognac: $16.99 (here)
3. Target, Artist Lite Crewneck Cardigan: $24.99 (here)
4. We Love Colors, Nylon/Lycra Tights in Ivory: $15 (here)
5. Overstock.com, Hailey Jeans Co. Narrow Belt in Dark Teal: $15.99 (here)
6. Little Lady Bows and Bands Shoe Clips: $9.95 (here)
7. Mosey Life Caster Cross-Body in Grape Jelly: $88 (here)

4 comments:

  1. Ok so I'm a very tardy comment maker (leaver?)! But, and this is going to sound strange, your post (and blog) may have revolutionized my life. Well at least the getting dressed part. You see I've spent my whole grown up life slouching around in dark hued tent-like ensembles and then I had a baby and the hues got darker and the tents got tent-ier. But, recently, I've discovered all you amazing curvy fashion bloggers. So with such incredible inspiration everywhere I have no excuse but to start wearing clothes I actually love right? My version of this outfit is going to be the starting point.....
    So thank you!!
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Your comment seriously just made my whole month! =D I completely sympathize with you. I used to wear shapeless, baggy, dark colored clothes. Seriously, my friends always joked about my uniform: dark wash jeans, black t-shirts, and Chuck T's. In part I think I did it because I honestly didn't think I could find the sorts of clothes I liked in sizes that fit me. I think the larger reason I did it, though, was because I just didn't feel good about myself. Like you, I discovered the wonderful world of plus-size and curvy fashion blogs. Suddenly, I was all too aware of the fact that the only thing standing between me and cute clothes was, well, me! Ironically, the dark, tent-like clothes I wore before -- the clothes that were intended to hide my figure, to make me feel better about myself -- ended up doing exactly the opposite. It wasn't until I started wearing things that I loved that I started feeling better about myself. To those who say that fashion is superficial, I say, "BAH!" =)

      Thank you so much for your wonderful, wonderful comment. I would LOVE to see photos of your outfit if you'd like to send them to me! My email addy is listed under the contact button! Have fun, Lizzie!!

      Delete
  2. =) huzzah and thank you!
    Well at the moment I'm gathering together my resources. I mean I don't even OWN a belt. I did consider fashioning one out of things I had at hand - wool, glue, cardboard, pipecleaners and dry pasta etc ;-) But no I have actually ordered myself a real one!!
    So once everything is assembled I'll definitely send a photo. It's sure to feature some spectacular awkwardness and hopefully a lovely Kate Spade/Charming Pumpkin inspired outfit!!!!
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone needs a pipe cleaner and pasta belt! Haven't you heard? They're the new trend for fall! lol

      I'm still awkward in photos, especially when I go for a while without posting new outfits. It helps that Mr. CP makes me laugh while e takes pics, but most of the time I just end up looking like a braying donkey!

      I'm so excited to see what you put together!

      Delete