Friday, May 18, 2012

Blue Dress #3: A Bit of Whimsy


Dress: Dorothy Perkins (here)
Cardigan: Anthropologie/Ribboned Rocket Cardigan
Shoes: GAP
Earrings: Forever 21

When I got home from Anthropologie the other day -- with this cardigan in tow! Sale score FTW! -- I recounted for Mr. CP my uber-bizarre conversation with Boob Job Lady that I talked about in my last post (here). It ended up turning into a fairly lengthy conversation about Mr. CP's and my respective stances on plastic surgery. 

My position is quite simple: your body, your life. I think everyone has a right to feel beautiful, and if that means a nip, a tuck, a lift, a pull, and a few injections, then so be it. For my part, I don't like the idea of elective cosmetic surgery. It gives me the willies. Aside from my father, I avoid physicians like the plague. It's best for all parties involved, you see.

In general, I have a fairly laissez-faire attitude towards life (there are a few areas where this doesn't apply... toilet paper, for example, should always roll down on the roll, not up. Yeesh!). So, my philosophy about plastic surgery is pretty much identical to my philosophy about life (excepting toilet paper, apparently): you do your thing, I'll do mine.


On a completely unrelated note, if ever the Fates conspired to thrust me into a position of power as a benevolent dictator, I would commission a statue to be built immortalizing this expression. I think it says, "Peons, bow before me!" and "But I still love and respect you and your peasant ways!" all at the same time. Behold: Benevolent Dictatoress Kelsey. Ahem. Yes, that's a real word and a real title. Why do you ask? Are you challenging my authority!? Are you?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment