Monday, April 9, 2012

Bright and Cheerful



Dress: Torchon Embossed Ponte Dress/Anthropologie - Gifted (here)
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Tights: Target
Head band: Nordstrom
Shoes: Aldo (similar here)

Sorry for the radio silence lately. The bleakness of winter and spring here in the Pacific Northwest tends to leave me feeling a bit apathetic and sleepy. As a result, I haven't really been wearing anything of note. I've pretty much been living in PJs, yoga pants, and shapeless t-shirts. I want to get better about posting regular OOTD's again, though, and this post is a step in that direction.

I wore this outfit to go shopping with Mr. CP over the weekend. It's easily the brightest item in my closet. Eye-searing tangerine isn't something I ever would have been drawn to in the past, in part because I live in a place where pretty much everybody wears variations of black and grey. You can imagine how much I stood out in this number! I felt a bit out of place for a while, until I looked down and realized how happy the color of this dress made me. And at the end of the day, at least in my mind, that's what fashion is about: wearing things that make you feel happy. I had random strangers stopping to compliment me on the dress, so it appears that it was a hit with other people, too. Even Mr. CP said this dress put him in a cheerful mood, so this is my new go to "happy dress."

Mr. CP has a conference in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA later this week, so we'll be flying down the coast to sunnier climes. One of my very best friends from high school and college is finishing up his PhD in the area, so I'm going to spend some quality time with him while Mr. CP conferences it up. Mr. CP presented at the same conference a few years ago, and we met some really wonderful people while we were there. Thankfully, they're all going to be in attendance again, so I'm sensing lots of group meals and laughs.

I'm planning on doing a series of posts featuring the outfits I wear while we're in Santa Barbara. I typically like to pack pretty light, so I'll probably be doing lots of mixing and matching. 

*Which brings me to a question for all of you! I really want to take my beautiful tangerine dress with me, but I'm having a hard time figuring out alternative ways to style it. How would you style the dress?*



No comments:

Post a Comment