Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Non-Plans


Dress (gifted): Brushed Terra Dress/Anthropologie (here)
Lace top: Anthropologie
Head band: Target
Earrings (gifted): Betsey Johnson (here)
Belt: Target
Tights: Hue/Macy's
Boots: Enzo Angiolini/Nordstrom Rack

Over the last week or so, I couldn't help noticing all the wonderful posts about Valentine's Day popping up around the internet. All the heart-print clothes, and Valentine's Day inspired outfits made me squeal with delight. Except... well, we don't celebrate Valentine's Day. Long before Mr. CP and I were together, I realized that it just wasn't a holiday that resonated with me. I didn't find any meaning in a single day that celebrates love, because to be perfectly honest, I think every day should be a celebration of your affection for those closest to you. Don't get me wrong. I always loved hearing all about my girlfriends' elaborate Valentine's Day plans: where they were going, who they were going with, what they were going to wear. For my part, though, Valentine's Day just wasn't my style. I preferred to stay in, bake cookies (and not burn down the kitchen, thankyouverymuch), and watch silly movies in my PJs. 

A friend of mine recently asked what Mr. CP and I were going to do for Valentine's Day. When I responded, she looked horrified. No dinner plans? No fancy outfits? No flowers, or chocolate? Thankfully, I was able to alleviate at least one of her fears: there is always chocolate in our household. Always.

Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? What are your plans this year?

p.s. Don't forget to check out my Victory Garden Yarn giveaway here! You have until next Monday (2/20) to enter!

No comments:

Post a Comment