Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wedding Accessories







Necklace, Earrings, and Bracelet: Betsey Johnson (via Nordstrom Rack)
Clutch: DIY

I wanted to show you all some close up shots of the accessories I'm going to be sporting at the wedding I'm going to this weekend. A brief refresher: the bride and groom requested that no one wear black or red, and that guests wear spooky accessories. Yeah, tell me about it. I spent some time digging around on the internet, and found and fell in love with Betsey Johnson's Vampire Slayer collection. The earrings alone retailed for $40.00, though, which I was simply unwilling to pay. As a result, I just assumed that I would have to make my own accessories. On one of our many, many trips to Nordstrom Rack during my mother's recent visit, I was milling around in the jewelry section when I spied (gasp!) a bunch of pieces from the Betsey Johnson Vampire Hunter line. At Nordstrom Rack's prices, I simply couldn't resist. I can't decide which is my favorite. I love, love, love the upside down bat charm on the necklace (and the lips with fangs!), and every time I look at the raven earrings and bracelet I have to restrain myself from reciting Poe... because I had a mean-spirited high school English teacher who made us memorize various stanzas from "The Raven." But that's beside the point.

I'm apparently quite picky where clutches are concerned, and after spending way too much time browsing the internet and store fronts, I decided to make my own. The clutch you see above is the result of three practice rounds. It's still not perfect -- the seams aren't as clean as I'd like -- but I'm pleased with the result anyway. I attached a vintage brooch that my grandmother gave me years ago to add "a bit more 'Kelsey-ness' to it," as Mr. CP would say.

On a different note, I'm not sure that I'll be able to post at all while I'm in Charlotte, so I've arranged for a very special guest blogger. Expect that post on Friday! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment