Monday, October 17, 2011

In Pursuit of Pumpkins




Sweater: Gap (old, old, old)
Skirt: Thrifted
Tights: Hue
Boots: Fitzwell (6pm.com)
Wellies: Sperry Top-Sider (Nordstrom Rack)
Hat: TJ Maxx
Bag: Red by Marc Ecko (Ross)

October is a month full of traditions in our household. Today, we made good on one of our long-standing traditions by heading to a pumpkin patch. Armed with our favorite chai lattes, we hopped in the car and made the 45 minute drive to our favorite pumpkin farm. I learned long ago the importance of bringing a change of shoes, so the first thing I did when we arrived at the farm was pull on my trusty wellies. We spent most of the afternoon winding our way through the corn maze, and tromping through the seemingly endless pumpkin fields in pursuit of the perfect pumpkins. This, of course, was the first step in another of our traditions: a sort of unofficial pumpkin carving competition we hold. We don't really have any judges, so we typically just end up bickering at length about whose pumpkin turned out best. Last year was one of the few times where we actually agreed on the winner. Mr. CP emerged victorious. I plan on carving my butt off this year to recapture some of my lost dignity. Huh... that sounds awkward... But my point remains. I. Will. Win.








No comments:

Post a Comment