Sunday, September 11, 2011

Floral and Elephants and Mustard, Oh My!

Please excuse the awkward proportions. I think I was standing on a slight hill, so I look ever so slightly like a hobbit.

Stop it! You're making me laugh!

Smirking just seemed like a good idea at the time.



Top: Old Navy
Cardigan: Nordstrom
Skirt: Coldwater Creek (you can find a similar one here)
Tights: Macy's
Shoes: Thrifted (brand spankin' new for $1.20!)
Head band: H&M
Sweater clip: DIY
Brooch: DIY
Earrings: Vintage (they're tiny elephants!)


As promised in my last OOTD post, I decided to go ahead and show off one of my colorful new purchases. I absolutely love this floral top. It initially had a bow in the back that sat between my shoulder blades, but I removed it. I don't mind bows on the lower back or on the front of my blouses, but inexplicable ties in the vicinity of the shoulder blades just confuse me. Why are they there? What's their purpose? What's my purpose? Who am I? Before long, I'm in the throes of an existential crisis, and find myself gasping for breath with a bag fixed over my face. So I figured I'd just hack the bow off and save myself the philosophical stress.

Perhaps one of you can help me with this. I love tucking my shirts into whatever bottom I happen to be wearing when the occasion or outfit calls for it, but how in the name of all that is holy do you keep the top from, well, poofing? My shirts always poof out and end up looking decidedly 1983 (I hate myself a little for saying that...) I thought a belt might help, but ultimately decided against wearing one, figuring that it probably wouldn't solve the problem. Have you discovered any remedies to the unfortunate poof?


No comments:

Post a Comment