Sunday, August 28, 2011

... Stays in Vegas


Mr. CP likes to make me go "tee hee!" (I'm shaking my head at myself, too)


Tra la la la la... pretty leaves!

Is that... is that music? I know that tinkling melody... Could it be...

The ICE CREAM TRUCK?!

Yes. Yes, it is.

Dress: Target
Cardigan: JC Penney
Tights: Macy's
Shoes: Sanuk (via REI)
Belt: Eddie Bauer (thrifted)
Headband: H&M
Necklace: Assorted charms

As I mentioned in my last post, Mr. CP and I recently enjoyed some quality time with the Parental CP's in Las Vegas. We had an absolutely wonderful time filled with shows, terrific food, and fantastic shopping. What we did not have, unfortunately, was a camera. Allow me to recreate the conversation Mr. CP and I had upon our arrival in LV.

Me: Hey. Can I have the camera?
Mr. CP: I don't have the camera.
Me: You said, "Got the camera" (spoken as a statement) as we walked out the door.
Mr. CP: No, I said, "Got the camera?" (spoken as a question)
Me: So... I thought you grabbed the camera... and you thought I grabbed the camera... so no one has the camera?
Mr. CP: Apparently.
Me: [In the interest of sparing your eyes and ears, I will not at this time transcribe the oh-so-colorful language I used at this point in our conversation. Needless to say, I was a bit of a grumpy gills, and would likely have been most at home among a large group of sailors]

I had had high hopes of getting some decent OOTD/OOTN photos to show you all, but alas, it was not to be. We took some iPhone shots, but the photos turned out grainy and awful, and I just couldn't bring myself to post them. So I unfortunately have no Las Vegas pictures. Boo!

I do, however, have these OOTD pictures that Mr. CP was kind enough to take! I typically would have paired this outfit with a cute pair of brown flats, but I have a terrible blister (compliments of all the walking I did in Las Vegas) that categorically refused to even consider the possibility of flats. SO I just paired the outfit with my trusty pair of brown flip flops, and called it good.

On a different note, one of my very favorite consignment stores had their annual bag sale on Friday and Saturday. You pay $6.50 for a bag, and anything in the basement that you can fit in it is yours! Despite the fact that our flight didn't get into Seattle until 12:00 AM on Friday morning, I hauled myself out of bed bright and early to make my way to the store. I ended up finding a really cute dress, a whole bunch of belts (in fact, I'm wearing one of them in the photos above), and a couple bags. They also had a sale going on upstairs; the entire store was 25% to 95% off. Favorite scores? A New York and Company LBD for $7.50 (50% off), a pair of brand spankin' new red kitten heels for $1.20 (95% off), and a leather Coach bag for $2.30 (95% off).

I'll sign off for now, but I'm thinking my next post may well be a short overview of some of my favorite stores to shop at, some of them chains, some of them local to Seattle. I'm going on a consignment store "tour" with one of my best girlfriends tomorrow, so perhaps I'll find a few more gems to include on the list. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment