Friday, August 5, 2011

Lust-worthy Lovelies

Modcloth, Thai Iced Tea Dress in Coconut, $47.99

"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways..."
This dress is perfection. I covet it. I visit it every single day (online, that is). Unfortunately, they're sold out of my size, otherwise this sweetie pie would be winging her way to me right this moment. I've signed up to be alerted when they get my size back in stock, but I'm paranoid they may not. I'm contemplating ordering it in a size up and just having it tailored, but I don't know...


(Eliza Parker, Miami Dress in Plum, $169.99)

The hefty price tag means that this adorable little number is going on my long-term wish list. Next time I have a special occasion to attend, though, this will probably be what I order. Mr CP even thinks this dress is lovely. He typically feigns interest (or nods indifferently) when I squee over clothes, but this particular dress elicited a full and very genuine comment from him!
Eliza Parker, High Waisted A-Line Skirt, $98.00

You know, Eliza Parker just really hits it out of the park when it comes to flattering, feminine pieces. I saw this beautiful skirt on the adorable Lilli over at Frocks and Frou Frou (great blog, check it out!), and immediately decided it was destined to be mine. I'm just waiting for a suitable moment to order it.
Coldwater Creek, Crinkle Swirl Dress, $99.95-$109.95

I swooned over this dress the moment I saw it. Trust me when I say that Coldwater Creek's clothes actually fit curvy women very nicely. While quite pricey, I've found that CWC typically has amazing sales. I snapped up a white linen blazer, originally $150ish dollars, for just under $60. Join their mailing list, and you'll get some amazing coupons, too! I'm just waiting for this beauty to go on sale, or until I get a decent coupon in my inbox, and then she's all mine!

B Makowsky, Saxon Pump in Grey Suede, $52.00 (sale on Amazon)

When I first stumbled upon these shoes, I nearly swooned. I thought they were absolute perfection. To be honest, I'm not much for heels. I'm weak. My feet start to hurt, I whine, get angry and/or grumpy, and poor Mr. CP is stuck with an unpleasant CP. My girlfriends have told me time and again that I just need to push through the pain, but I haven't been able to bring myself to endure the suffering. That being said, I do have some amazingly comfortable pairs of heels, and I tend to just rely upon those. After all, few things give your hips the same sway and your legs the same length as a great pair of heels. I hesitate to order these shoes online because I can't try them on to see whether they're comfortable or unbearable, so odds are I probably won't order these sweeties. BUT I'm definitely going to try to find something similar in a store where I can actually try the shoes on.


No doubt I'll be posting more items that I find, so keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment